Runs through June 3, 2012!
Check out the new Cyberchase exhibit, based on the the Emmy award-winning PBS KIDS GO! math mystery cartoon, Cyberchase: The Chase Is On! Help cyber heroes Inez, Jackie and Matt as they fight off dastardly villain Hacker with the magic of math. Cyberchase: The Chase Is On! is the classic good vs. evil adventure.
As the dastardly Hacker attempts to overtake Cyberspace, The CyberSquad - Matt, Inez, Jackie and Digit - are determined to save Cyberspace in this out-of-this-world educational exhibit.
The Cyberchase exhibit presents math in a fun, kid-friendly environment, allowing children to make use of their critical thinking skills and approach math with an investigative, positive attitude. All exhibit components feature Spanish, in addition to English.
In the exhibit, children will enter Cyberspace through a special portal to explore favorite cybersites, including the Control Central, the Grim Wreaker and Poddleville. They will help the CyberSquad protect the virtual universe from the villainous Hacker while exploring math concepts such as place value, algebra, geometry, fractions and probability.
• Investigate the interactive computer game stations to learn about logical reasoning, directions, graphing, volume and algebra
• Discover that fractions are fun with Restore the Power, where they can reinstall the power circuits that the villainous Hacker has removed
• Use their “brain power” to store a million energy units by pedaling 100 times before sending the energy to a central holding center in the Cybercycle
• Explore spatial relationships while playing Flip, Rotate, Fit It In
• Use their deductive reasoning skills and the process of elimination to figure out where Hacker is hiding in Find Hacker
• Explore the principles of probability as they try to activate the combination of buttons and levers to prevent Hacker’s rocket from reaching Control Central in Stop the Launch
• Explore the basic foundations of algebra in which both sides of an equation must have the same value
• Discover the unknown value of Poddle people against known weights on a scale in Poddle Identity
• Match up baby Poddle eggs to the correct Poddle family by using critical thinking skills and recognizing the patterns in each Poddle family in Poddleville Lineup
• Use light to look at shapes from different angles and compare them with clues provided by witnesses of suspect shapes
• Use two-dimensional shapes to create three-dimensional structures in Build a City, encouraging play and experimentation
• Complete a mini prix race track by placing track segments that represent decimals in their proper place while playing Kahuna-huna Race-A-Runa
• Challenge a friend to Dragon Dilemma and use problem-solving skills to strategize a winning combination to defeat their opponent
Free with general admission
Click here for more online Cyberchase fun!
Cyberchase - The Chase Is On!TM was created by the Children's Museum of Houston in partnership with Thirteen in association with Title Entertainment, Inc and WNET.ORG, with major funding from the National Science Foundation.